Sep 17, 2013
Doctor I have to thank you for all your advices since I find out that I am Positive you have help me a lot. I just got my blood results and my cd4 is 650 and cd4 % is 49 undetectable and the doctor told me that I am a role model. But here is my question, is 49% cd4 is good enough? my cd4 went up a little. Do you doctors prefer for us to go by the % or the cd4 count?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi Day and thanks for posting.
49% is excellent, as is 650- they are entirely normal, so unless you're striving to be super human, everything is fine. You're in great shape by these lab tests, without any labs stigmata of HIV.
Most doctors use the absolute CD4 count as their main measure of immune health, though the percent is confirmatory and (in your case) reassuring.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.