49%

Doctor I have to thank you for all your advices since I find out that I am Positive you have help me a lot. I just got my blood results and my cd4 is 650 and cd4 % is 49 undetectable and the doctor told me that I am a role model. But here is my question, is 49% cd4 is good enough? my cd4 went up a little. Do you doctors prefer for us to go by the % or the cd4 count?

Thanks again''

Day

Hi Day and thanks for posting.

49% is excellent, as is 650- they are entirely normal, so unless you're striving to be super human, everything is fine. You're in great shape by these lab tests, without any labs stigmata of HIV.

Most doctors use the absolute CD4 count as their main measure of immune health, though the percent is confirmatory and (in your case) reassuring.

Hope that helps, BY

Should i switch
Once a month treatment