Should i switch

Hello Doc,thanks for the good work you are doing to help us. My question is should i switch from Sustiva & Truvada to atripla it was suggested to me by my doctor but he is waiting on my response, i have been on meds 8 years now so far doing fine my Cd4 went from 290 to 1200 and viral load has been <48 three years now. I Need a second opinion. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Since you're already taking efavirenz (Sustiva) and tenofovir/FTC (Truvada), there's no reason at all not to switch to Atripla- the triple combo pill that includes exactly the same medications. You'll have one less prescription, one less pill and perhaps a lower risk of missing one of the two medications.

Let our readers know how things work out for you. BY

Medication for HIV Negative Persons Whose Partner Is Positive
49%