viremia does not fall

hello, I have a problem, I take drugs from the beginning of infection (July 2012). at the beginning of viremia was 5900000, after 6 months of taking Prezista, Vireda, Epivir, Norvir dropped to 160, and was erected in place. now after I changed the drug Atripla, after five weeks of viremia dropped to 130, but it is detectable at all times. In clinical drug resistance has not been detected by the virus was resistant to drugs. There was also not possibility of superinfection. Is Atripla may need more time to reduce viremia and what to do with what may be the result of Viremia do not want to fall. He writes in Polish. Thank you for the advice. best regards. Lukasz

Hello Lukasz and thanks for posting.

It's not unusual at all to see people like you who initiate treatment with very high viral loads to take longer to reach the undetectable threshold. Remember that what's really important is the fold change from baseline- yours has dropped 99.978% (or over 3 log10).

Though understandably anxiety ridden, if you've been adherent to your medications and not experiencing any unwanted side effects, I'd recommend continuing on your current treatment and being patient.

I hope that helps, BY

Switching to Edurant
Nerves Discomfort At Feet