Odd pus filled knot on left buttock.

First let me say I've done a number of searches and cannot find any query or post that fits my situation. I've even searched photos and found zero looking like this extremely painful, itchy large "knot". It's been there about 3 years! It's always there, often a solid feeling little knot that seems to be buried far beneath the surface. It, at times, will swell into this massive baseball sized pus filled pocket that itches far more than the sumac and chicken pox I had as a child. It feels like I'm being stabbed in the buttock every few minutes and whenever it's touched. It's red, white, blue, black and purple at certain times. Sorry for ranting, but it's really painful and annoying. My question is... What could this thing be?

Hi and thanks for posting.

It's difficult to know what your "knot" is-- it does sound like it could be an abscess (pus)-- if it's persistent, an ultrasound test can verify if there's fluid present, and if so, often aspirating the fluid with a needle can help confirm the diagnosis.

I'd suggest that you discuss your symptoms with your care provider.

Be well, BY

NRTI & PI sparing regimen?
just diagnosed