Concerned about med and esophagus

Good morning Dr. Young. I speak for all of us who visit these boards frequently that, we appreciate your time and effort in assisting us. I have been on medicine complera for several months now. A great med I'll state. No real major side effects experienced. However my concern is that I have to chew my medicine. Which I've read, is acceptable. Even in chewing it , it still shows it as doing what it's supposed to. Since I'm now undetectable. My question for you is, is it ok to chew really? Because its a powerful med, somehow wouldn't chewing it be bad for the esophagus since its toxicity could be damaging. It would be good to read your response on this one.

Hello and thanks for your kind words.

It's good to hear that your tolerating your HIV medications so well.

It should be ok to crush or chew your Complera (though the taste of the pill this way is usually not so good). Powerful or not, there shouldn't be any problems.

Be well, BY

My VL jumped from undetectable to 76
NRTI & PI sparing regimen?