My VL jumped from undetectable to 76

Hello. I am a 35 year old male, diagnosed 02/2012 with a VL of 191,000 and a CD4 of just 75. I have never missed a dosage of my regimen (Prezista, Norvir, Truvada)and I have been undetectable now for several months, yet wednesday's lab results shows my VL as 76 instead of undetectable and my CD4 as 396 (which it was 392 two months ago. The nurse says my CD4 percentage went up by 24% although the number only went up by 4. Am I now resistant to my regimen and if so, does that mean I have to try something else?

Hello and thanks for posting.

A single low level viral load blip of 76 is rarely, if ever, a clinically significant finding, especially if (as you say) you've been entirely adherent to your treatment. The fact that your CD4 counts continue to improve would also be supporting evidence of this notion. Most of these events are related to laboratory error or minor infections, like a cold sore.

Most experts don't begin thinking of doing resistance testing until VL is over 400-500.

So, worry not. BY

Epzicom with sustiva or tivicay?
Concerned about med and esophagus