Timing of med doses

I'm on Rayataz, Truvada, and Norvir. I've been on this therapy for 16 months, started with a cell count of 29/270,000 viral load and as of July was at 370/undetectable. Naturally with such a history, I am loathe to think of developing resistance. My question concerns the timing of my med doses. I've tried to take them at 7AM every day but sometimes I don't wake up in time and thus have taken them as late as 9AM, about half the time. Because of a situation going on this morning, I didn't take them and realized this at 3PM. I went ahead and took them, but should I have waited until tomorrow to resume? What kind of time window can I allow? On another note, considering what happened today, would it be advisable to change my med time to later in the day to ensure taking them at the same time every day? If so, how would I go about that?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're overthinking this. As long as you generally take the meds at the same time of day (ie., morning, afternoon or evening), there's no need to worry at all. At all.

A single dose taken outside of your preferred time window doesn't mean that you have to readjust your entire schedule. Just continue back on your normal time.

BTW, with any Reyataz regimen, be sure to take your medications with food- this effect is far more important than the time of day.

BY

wheatgrass vs Truvada & Issentress therapy...
Atripla