HPV Vaccine

I recently asked a question about the use of Aldara cream when a person has a low CD4 count. Thank you very much for your answer, and the link to more information. I do have a follow up question. I read that the HPV vaccine is recommended for younger gay men usually. I am 41 years old - should I consider getting the vaccine once the HPV has cleared? I realize that it won't cure HPV, but would getting vaccinated prevent me from getting it again once I am clear? Thanks

Hi and thanks for posting again.

The HPV vaccine is currently only recommended for people between the ages of 13 and 26. This is in part due to the fact that older individuals, especially those like you, who already have HPV, are likely already exposed to the strains that the vaccines prevent. You might ask your provider if genotypic (strain) analysis of your PAPs is possible- this would help answer the question as to whether there is any utility in getting vaccinated.

It's probably more important at this time to get routine follow up for your HPV-related issues, and when appropriate, consider safer sex habits to limit any future exposures to HPV or other infections.

I hope that's helpful. BY

ART and Selenium immunace
Improved VL after stopping Revivo