Cause of epilepsy

Hello doctor Young,

I am HIV + for 2 years now. On Truvada and Stocrin since early 2012. Two days back I was admitted to neurology dept. in the local hospital after a possible epileptic seizure/coma. I was given two injections the night before due to strong back pain. In the morning (home and alone) I had a seizure during which I vomitted and woke up on the ground not knowing where and why I was.

I have never had a similar issue before and I wonder if this could have anything ib common with my ART. Please help, The hospital doctors seem perplexed...

Hello and thanks for posting.

So sorry to hear about your recent medical issues.

While there are many causes to seizures, it seems most likely that your event was possibly related to the medications that you received for your back pain. It would be important to rule out complications that involve your brain (and a CT or MRI scan is a usual diagnostic starting point) or spinal fluid.

It would seem unlikely to me that it's because of your HIV medications, given that you have been on them for so long without prior issues.

I hope that helps and that you're on the mend. BY

can't sleep
HIV symptoms help!