Weight loss after PEP

Hi Doc, I am so concerned about loss of weight i have experienced. What could this be? When i was taking my PEPs in April I used to stress a lot and always felt depressed. My friends told me i have lost weight and i'm seeing it too. What is causing this weight loss: the fact that i was depressed or maybe the PEP damaged me? I even went for my 4 months test (post exposure) and it was negative. I don't know what is causing this. My appetite has decreased for the past four months. I don't wake up hungry and sometimes i eat breakfast around 12pm. Are there tablets i can take to boost my appetite? What do you suggest i should do to increase appetite and gain weight as well? Thank you.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Persistent weight loss is usually generally associated with taking PEP (since the duration of treatment is only 1 month).

Indeed, just as you've suggested, your appetite is low for several months- couldn't that alone be responsible for weight loss. I'd look critically at why your appetite is sub-par. Could it be mood related (ie., depression or anxiety), or perhaps a different medical condition (like thyroid problems or diarrhea).

I think that the first step in helping this is to see your health care provider for a more comprehensive assessment into your appetite and weight loss. (BTW, there are medications that do help with appetite)

Good luck and good health, BY

Question on resistance
can't sleep