MAINTAINING OF CD4 WITHOUT MEDS

Sir, First of all thanks for ur support. Iam from India and my wife is positive presently her CD4 count is 530 and percentage is 18%. is anything alrming and how long can she maintain this or increase this with out medicine and with taking any supplement pse advise,can i know the time of infection since when she infected probably in number of years.

regards

Hello and thank you for posting from India.

First, supplements don't increase CD4 cell counts, unless there's some extreme in poor nutrition or diarrhea.

Second, one cannot determine the time of infection on the basis of current CD4 or viral load results. Indeed, this is one of the reasons why we generally recommend (at least here in the US), routine testing for HIV.

Third, your wife's CD4 absolute count is in the normal range, but her CD4 percentage is actually quite low- approaching the 15% threshold that is AIDS-defining. If this value repeats on the next testing, I would suggest considering starting on HIV medications. Antiretrovirals (ART) is the only way to restore (or maintain) healthy immune function in people living with HIV.

I hope that this is helpful, BY

can initial infection be determined by first lab results?
Celexa and Stribild