Which antihistamine for skin rashes
Aug 31, 2013
Hi doctor I am on stocrin and tenvir- em treatment , and wish to know which type o antihistamine I can take to ease my skin rashes problem
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Antihistamines are generally safe to take with efavirenz (Stocrin/Sustiva) and tenofovir/FTC (Tenvir, Truvada). Diphenhydramine or the non-sedating antihistamines, such as fexofenadine (Allegra) are fine to take.
Your rash might be a symptom of a drug allergy and should be discussed with your care provider.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Acute Hiv And White Blood Cell Test
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Would Herpes Show Up As Just One Sore
- What Does Herpes Do To The Spine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.