The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Which antihistamine for skin rashes
Aug 31, 2013

Hi doctor I am on stocrin and tenvir- em treatment , and wish to know which type o antihistamine I can take to ease my skin rashes problem

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Antihistamines are generally safe to take with efavirenz (Stocrin/Sustiva) and tenofovir/FTC (Tenvir, Truvada). Diphenhydramine or the non-sedating antihistamines, such as fexofenadine (Allegra) are fine to take.

Your rash might be a symptom of a drug allergy and should be discussed with your care provider.


kp 1461

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint