Pep treatment 10 days in

So tomorrow is going to be my 10th day on Pep. At first, it was a lot of nausea so I was smoking marijuana to help that since day 3. Day 10 is approaching and I have getting dizzy headaches for the past 2 days. I am on Truvada and Isentress and according to Truvada... the side effects are dizziness. Any way I can offset this? Also, say I stoo Pep after 10 days, is it at least somewhat effective (compared to me not taking it at all, and compared to the full 28 days. THANKS

Hello and thanks for posting.

Dizziness is not a common side effect of your PEP medications; though it's not certain, it's more likely due to your Isentress. You could try skipping a single dose of the Isentress to see if that improves the symptoms. At a minimum, it would be good to know if this is the cause. Usually such symptoms improve over time; in some cases taking the medications with food helps.

Some PEP regimens only use Truvada, so if the dizziness persists, one could entertain stopping the Isentress to help with the side effects.

I wouldn't recommend stopping the PEP after only 10 days- there were very early studies that showed that the best effects were seen after 4 weeks (but not 1 or 2 weeks of treatment).

Hope that's helpful, BY

hiv rna pcr at 65th day
ZHI BAI DI HUANG WAN