hiv rna pcr at 65th day
Aug 30, 2013
My question is. . hiv rna pcr test at 65th day after contact is conclusive or not ...is pcr test is negative on 65th day.then I need to go for another test or not..plz help me
Response from Dr. Young
While a negative HIV RNA PCR at 65 days is very reassuring, this isn't a definitive test to rule out HIV infection (as some people actually have very low viral loads despite being infected).
The definitive test is a HIV antibody test at 3 months after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If Gonorrhea Is Left Untreated?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.