genital herpes = HIV ???????????
Aug 30, 2013
dear sir i wanna know does genital herpes means u have HIV/AIDS. I also have a herpes on my penis too!!!!! please help me find the solution for that!!!!thanx in advance sir!!!!!!!!!
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Genital herpes (herpes simplex virus, HSV) is very common in the general population. Having HSV does not mean that you have HIV, however having genital HSV means that you've been exposed to a sexually transmitted infection, and I'd recommend having HIV testing as part of your routine health care.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Dialysis Patients Tested For Hiv?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Surface Scratch?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.