Am I killing mself?

I had a syptomatic sero-conversion in April 2013 and my CD4 was 275. I was started on Odimune in June 2013. I have been taking it for full 2 Months. The thing is I take it an hour after meals as taking it on an empty stomach results in serious dizziness and hallucinations. Again, sometimes I have to take it an hour before or an hour after due to other commitments. Am I at risk for treatment failure due to eating before or changing times?

Hello and thanks for posting.

First, you're not killing yourself.

Odimune (a generic version of Atripla) only needs to be taken once a day. It can be taken with or without food- interestingly, it's typically better tolerated on an empty stomach, but if you do better with food, so be it. There's no requirement that you take this by a time-rigorous schedule (such as within a 1 hour window), so there's no risk of treatment failure of drug resistance because the timing of your doses or meals.

What's essential to your long term health is to make sure not to miss doses (or as few as possible), stay connected with a care provider and recommended monitoring.

I hope that helps. Be well, BY

Malaria tablets
hiv