Aug 28, 2013
Hi I'm currently taking Atripla as a form of PEP but I'm worried about what malaria tablets to take with this, I was prescribed Atripla whilst on lariam and informed my doctor of this however I will be entering an area of Cambodia where there is malaria resistant to lariam, is it ok for me to take doxycyline or malarone now instead of lariam?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Atripla can interact with Lariam or Malarone- resulting in decreased levels of the malaria medications. Doxycycline does not have this interaction.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.