Aug 28, 2013
I am tested TPHA Positive and VDRL Reactive Titre 1:4. I have had penicilin course in June but still positive. What to do now to get rid of it completely
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Since the tests only report on whether syphilis antibodies are present, you cannot get "rid of" them. VDRL/RPR tests will stay positive for life, though at low titers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Risk From Blood Spatter In Eyes
- How Soon After Hiv Infection Do People Get Swollen Glands?
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
- Night Sweats And Early Hiv Infection
- When You Have Hiv When Do You Lose Your Appetite?
- What Percentage Of People Are Hiv Negative After 6 Weeks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.