Stribald not working

I was diagnosed with a viral load of 155 thousand and took Stribald and within a month my viral load was 94 and cd4 was 314. Now after another month my viral load went up to 110 and cd4 is the same. I have had no side effects. My doctor things that perhaps I am not eating enough in the am when I take my media as many times I only eat some apple sauce of fruit. I am worried they are going to take me off this pill which has been great for me with no side effects. Should I be concerned that the drug is not working. Have you heard this before.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I wouldn't conclude that your HIV medications are not working. If you started treatment with a high viral load (more than 100,000 copies), it can take longer to reach the less than 20 copy threshold. Indeed, the presence of apparently pesky low level values like yours is not uncommon.

Further, the differences between a VL of 94 and 110 is not biologically meaningful-- hence, I wouldn't conclude that this represents an increase.

In sum, having your viral load decrease from 155,000 to ~100 in two months, while not perfection, is acceptable. I'd keep taking your medications and repeat the test in an additional month.

I hope that helps, BY

What is this?
a lot of Truvada itching