|What is this?
Aug 27, 2013
Can you have a herpes breakout on your arms, legs,stomach, waist,and foot. And do herpes cause a tingling sensation all over the body.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Herpes virus (HSV) infection can occur anywhere on the skin, though most commonly on the lips, genital and anal regions. HSV infection can also be confused with herpes zoster (varicella zoster) infection. Zoster is the virus that causes chicken pox and shingles.
Both can cause tingling sensations, but usually only in the regions where the outbreaks are occurring.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does It Mean That Hiv Is A Retrovirus?
- Should Aids Victims Be Isolated To Stop The Spread Of The Aids Virus?
- How Long Can Hepatitis Survive Outside The Body?
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
- How Many Days Before Symptoms Of Hiv Can Be Present?
- Can Thrush Live On Your Toothbrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.