occupation injuries

i was recently performing CD4 Testing on blood which was collected 2 days back in a CD4 Stabilization testtube and the tube broke and pierced my left thumb is there any chance that the virus might have entered my body.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Yes, if the source of the blood sample was from someone living with HIV, there is a chance that you could have been exposed to HIV. Indeed, given that you had a percutaneous (through the skin) injury, your risk is higher than if the blood had simply been in contact with your skin (low risk).

Since you're still within the 72 hour window to receive post-exposure treatment (PEP), I'd encourage you to see your employee health or other care provider today. PEP can very significantly reduce the risk of acquiring HIV- but only if started in that 3 day time period.

I hope that helps, BY

Is it possible
About to kill myself