Is it possible
Aug 25, 2013
Is it possible to have a false positive herpes test even if the results where high (hsv1-7.5)
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Most medical diagnostic tests have a very low false positive rate- if your test for HSV is positive, especially if the level is well above the threshold, I'd think it's unlikely it's a false result.
I'd suggest speaking to your care provider about the implications of the test.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.