Serious Atripla Concern

Thanks for reading.

I am 3 months poz, had very good starting numbers (VL of 400 and CD4 of 930) was put immediately on Atripla and was UD in 3 weeks with CD4 at 1035.

The problem is I have developed an almost constant tic / astigmatism in my eye(s) and starting three days ago in two of my fingers. In one way - it is slight. I don't think people would notice it - they would think I am blinking or something. In another way, it is almost constant and if anything is getting worse, not better.

So - I have been three months on the Atripla with this being the only side effect, but a very bothersome and seemingly increasing one. I do notice it is worse if I eat late at night, but it is present even when I don't eat hours before taking it.

Of course I will speak to the doc - but I already know he is very "pro-Atripla" because he feels it is the most studied in terms of effectiveness and long term issues.

Comments? Just live with it? I hate changing something that is managing the virus so well? This is all new to me. The more specific recommendations you might give, it would be so much appreciated.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Muscle tics or "fasciculations" are small involuntary spasms. They are not thought to be a side effect of antiretroviral medications, but can be caused by fatigue, stress, caffeine and rarely a sign of more serious neurological issues.

If yours are particularly bothersome, I'd discuss the symptoms with your doctor. Whether he is a fan of Atripla or not, it's worthy of figuring out what the cause may be. If it turns out that the medication is the culprit, especially if the symptoms resolve only after switching medications, please let us know.

Hope that helps, and be well, BY

Rank odor from new Stribild bottle
KS and life expectancy