new infection

Good afternoon, In march I was negative and in june I was positive. Ihave fever and diharrea. My cd4 500 and my viral load 1400. My doctor gave me to take Prezista, truvada and Norvir.I'm takins them from 1 month and half but I didn't have still now side effect execpt gases and strande dreams in the night (I don't know if it is for drugs or for nervous).Can I expect seriously side effects which may change my body? What are the fisrs synthomps that may alert me to speak with my doctor? Thank you very much

Hello and thank you for posting.

Most current HIV medications are very well tolerated, for both the short and long term. The regimen that you're taking is among several that are considered "preferred" by current US treatment guidelines.

Other than reporting any unusual or new symptoms, the job of patients and their care providers is to monitor for asymptomatic toxicity from medications. This is why we recommend doing periodic laboratory monitoring. For example, the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute most recent guidelines recommend monitoring of kidney health in people starting regimens containing tenofovir (part of Truvada) at baseline, 1 and 4 months (and thereafter). This is to make sure that your not experiencing kidney injury. Similarly, monitoring for other organ toxicities (usually every 4-6 months) is part of routine care.

So, in the end, it's important to maintain a good dialog with your care provider- so that you can report any symptoms, ask any questions and stay up to date with your recommended monitoring.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Need to loose weight - stribild
Rank odor from new Stribild bottle