Tivucay and what to pair it with?

With the approval of tivucay for once a day dosing, what are the options to combine it with? is truvada the best and newest combo to pair it with? or other options? I'm on stribild since October but dont like the creat clearance issues and as a former atripla user, I like to take meds at bedtime without food. what would you suggest to combine with tivucay? I have no vl, no drug resistance ever,, etc, 53 yr old male..

Hello and thanks for posting.

Tivicay (dolutegravir) is the newly FDA-approved HIV integrase inhibitor. It's shown excellent results in clinical trials- indeed in combination with either Truvada or Epzicom/Kivexa, bettered Atripla.

If you're having concerns about your kidney function (or decrease in creatinine clearance- something that is a possible toxicity of tenofovir-containing treatment), and there's no other identified cause, a reasonable evidence-based option to pair with Tivicay might be abacavir/lamivudine (Epzicom, Kivexa). It's recommended that you have a genetic test, HLA B5701 to determine if you can safely take abacavir.

I hope that's helpful. BY

Side effects which come and go
HIV Trtment &tb