Missing a dose

Hi doctor Young,

A simple question. I am very adherent to my treatment but already happened to me several times that right after I used my pill (either Stocrin or Truvada) I simply forgot about it. It became so automatic I do not remember taking the pill as I do not even think about taking it.

If you do not know for sure if you took the pill, is it better to wait for the next dose time or take another one just to be sure?

Thank you for your expert opinion

M.

Hello M and thanks for posting.

Seems like a simple way to fix the issue is to use a pill box, where all of your doses are pre-filled. That way it's difficult to miss one of your pills.

If your adherence is otherwise very good, it's not likely to matter. Having said that, it's probably safer to simply wait until the next dose, rather than run the risk of double (and possibly over dosing).

Hope that helps, BY

side effects of stribild
Time between first and second doses of PEP