PEP Treatment 3 days in. Does this seem normal so far?

I wound up getting PEP 48 hours after my exposure. I am on day 3 so far. The first day and a half was rough. I couldnt even get out of bed. I am on day 3 and things are shaping up a little better. My extreme fatigue is not as bad. The only problems I have is lack of appetite, nausea, constipation, and when I do have a bowel movement its diarreah. Also I am getting cramps near my lower left ab. But I have been reading that constipation can cause that. Should I use laxitives? Also, I have been smoking marijuana to ease the nausea and get mmy appetite going. Should I continue this instead of going on the prescirbed nausea meds? Thanks, Mike

PS. The 2 drug regimen I am on consists of Isentress twice a day and truvada once a day.

Hello and thanks for posting.

The gastrointestinal symptoms that you're experiencing are a bit unusual for the generally very well tolerated PEP regimen that you're taking.

I'd suggest speaking to your care provider about your symptoms- it's entirely possible that you could have been exposed to something other than HIV, such as a gastroenteritis or hepatitis virus; or that you are indeed having medication side effects.

FWIW, marijuana (in my Colorado kinda opinion) is perfectly ok to take to control nausea side effects, but this is subject to your local laws and prescriber philosophy.

I hope that helps, BY

TPN
tivicay better than atripla?