Vasectomy

I am in the process of setting up a consultation this Friday and the Urologist want a urine sample to see if I have any infections. I am undetectable, and unlikely they would find any in my urine. I want to disclose, but can they deny me the procedure? Any complications for an HIV poz person? I have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend whom is also positive, but undetectable. I know protection is best, but sometimes it can be tough. I appreciate any advice. Thank you Doctor Young!!

Hello and thanks for posting.

I can't see any reason why the urologist wouldn't care for you if you disclose your status. Indeed, if she/he were to do so, I wouldn't recommend you getting care with them, whether you're positive or negative.

Indeed, I always recommend disclosure of your HIV status and any other medical condition to any medical care provider. It's the only way that these experts can fully provide advice and care.

BTW, we don't test for HIV in urine.

Hope that helps, BY

New Regimen (concerns).
TPN