Additional HIV exposures.
Aug 15, 2013
20 days after starting PEP with my partiner who is negative, we had additional HIV exposure for a few seconds although i did not ejaculate on her. Should we extend PEP period?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
If you had a sufficiently risky exposure (and I'm not sure that what you describe is), then, yes I would view this as a new HIV exposure and recommend 28 days of PEP.
I'd suggest speaking to your care provider about the specifics and for their advice.
Hope that helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Antibiotics Cure Syphilis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.