nails got rough and halh moon like spot after PEP completion
Aug 6, 2013
Hi Doctor I completed PEP for 28 days course (keletra and combivir) . Now I see roughness in my thumb nails and dark round(half moon) spot just over the white round spot at bottom(half moon). Is it any sign of anemia? How can i recover my health. And one thing I have not undergone HIV testing after PEP.
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
As for testing after PEP- it's recommended 1 and 3 months after your exposure.
I hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Needle Prick And Window Period For Hiv Antibody Testing
- Which Body Fluids Contain The Aids Virus?
- Which Country Gives Free Medication To Victims With Hiv/aids?
- Would Marijuana Affect My HIV Results
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- Are Newborns Tested For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.