Atripla / Anasthesia

Dr. Young -

Thank you for the service you provide.

I am having upcoming minor, in / out in a few hours surgery which will require anesthesia. I am on Atripla. Leaving aside for the moment a discussion of disclosing to the surgeon / anesthesiologist, are there any negative interactions between basic commonly used anesthesias and Atripla? Again - it is a lengthy discussion, but at this point, the Atripla /status has not been disclosed to them.

Are there any negative interactions I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for posting.

In general there shouldn't be any significant interactions between your Atripla and anesthesia. Having said that and not knowing the specifics of the medications, it's always a good idea that your care providers know about all of your medical conditions and medications-- it's only in your best interest.

BY

Sharing weeds Cigrattes with those who have hiv
Can I split 100mg Norvir TABLET in half?