|Is Probiotics Safe for people living with HIV?
Aug 1, 2013
Hello Dr. Young,
Recently I read that probiotic supplements can help reduce inflammation. I also read people living with HIV should avoid those types of supplements. What's true? My VL is undetectable and CD4 is 550, I am on Truvada, Reyataz, and Norvir. Please let me know thank you.
Response from Mr. Vergel
I have written a few articles that will give you the information you seek:
I havent taken my meds in a year
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Protected Sex With Hiv Positive Person
- What Does Marinol Show Up As In A Drug Screen?
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Needles?
- Neuropathy And Caffeine
- Can A Person Who Has Hepatitis C Work In Health Care?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.