stribild and weight gain

I've been on stribild since October 2012.. My cr cl started at 107 and has gone down to 89 and has been stable since march 2013.. Here is my problema.. I have gained 20 # in the past few months and cannot figure out why? no change in eating patterns.. etc.. exercise the same. etc.. 53 yrs old.. 218 and 6 ft. Usually I never go over 200 lbs ever.. Now, I did a google search of stribiild and weight gain . and it shows up as a side effect.. Anyone know of this? had the problem? I dropped atripla because the few times during the night when I had to wake up to let the dog out. etc, I was in the thick fog and didn't like that and I thought how exciting, this new quad drug.. had I known it was just 3 meds plus a booster , I wouldn't have been so excited. I do like to take my meds at bedtime as I;ve done it for so long... any suggestions?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Weight gain of some degree is not uncommon after starting treatment for HIV, as the effects of the virus are reversed. I'm not aware of weight loss being a side effect of Stribild or it's component medications. It would be worthwhile discussing this with your care provider- sometimes there are other medical issues which contribute; other times, a careful evaluation of your health, nutrition and lifestyle habits can help identify the cause(s) of weight gain.

I'd welcome comments from our readers. BY

Atripla delayed and missed doses
Started treatment early and Undetectable but.....