HIV and hpv-coinfection

Hi! I'm a boy living in the Netherlands. I'm infected 2 years ago and not on meds. My VL is 500 and my CD4 is 700. At some point in my life I was very promiscuous so it would be possible that I have got some of the bad HPV-strains in my anus/mouth. I read that people without hiv clear the infection by themselves. But is this also true for a person with hit? I mean, my CD4 is good and my immunesystem never has been severe compromised. At the moment I am very afraid of getting a form of cancer in my anus or mouth. Can my body get rid of the HPV-infection by itself even when I'm hit+? My CD4 count is high so you should expect that it works just like someone without hiv.

And my second question: is it possible for me to be a long-term non progressor according to my low viral load?

Greetz,

Kevin

Hello Kevin and thanks for posting from the Netherlands (one of my favorite places).

While some people do naturally clear their HPV infection(s), people living with HIV have a more difficult time of this.

The issue is that one can't predict with accuracy if you've cleared the HPV or not. Further, it turns out that many of the high-risk strains of HPV don't even cause warts, so visual inspection alone doesn't rule out infection.

It's good that your CD4 count is high, as the general risks of disease, including cancer is lower. Though controversial, the European AIDS Clinical Society Guidelines (page 25) recommend digital rectal exam +/- anal PAP smear to screen for risk of anal cancer.

I hope that helps, BY

Please help me Im so scared
Condom slip off while coming out