Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

blood transufsion needed after i miscarried n hemorhaged
Jul 28, 2013

Last week i suffered a miscarrage that caused me to hemmorhage badly.. It took a good day n a half until my blood counts started to really show how much blood id lost. I was almost about to b sent home after one last blood test that came back at 70 (130 was normak for a woman my age. So i was told) Im stilk feeling very weak, constant headache, heart pounding really hard, ecspecially with any physical activity.. Less then a day after i got the 2bags if blood i was sent home at 84.. Is this normal? Im nervous n still bleeding a bit. Im bleeding alot more now that Im home n my husband had to go back to work tday so Im alone with my two youngest n afraid if i make a wrong movement like what happened on my way to the er, that i could easily start bleeding heavily again. (I took a cab to the er cuz i knew i was getting really weak but when i got into the back of the cab i strained my stomach muscles n something felt like it pop'd or ripped n i got real bad pain n everything went black n i almost passed out, and blood came pouring out) Since then ive been weak. The 1st bag of blood i got didnt do anything for me. The second bag helped a bit but i was still very weak and Im still feeling weak with a constant headache n heart beating really hard.. Does this sound right?? Im so scarred. I know i cant afford to start bleeding heavily but still bleeding a bit..

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and sorry to hear about your medical issues.

Given that you needed transfusions, if you're still bleeding, and especially since you're still feeling poorly, I'd contact your doctor.

BY

Previous
Bleeding
Next
Aids risk in strip club, please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.