Ffrom ATRIPLA to COMPERA once stopped VL went up

HI, I was on ATRIPLA for 2 years, it went well then my then Dr switch me to COMPLERA which also elevate my CD4 count to 1100 and undetectable; BUT I have had stomach and gastrointestinal problems prior to been HIV+. Then MY gastro problems got even worst and my gastroenterologist couldn't give anything stronger than an over the counter medication to control it. I found that out by my own that COMPLERA is not the best if you have stomach and acid reflux problems. I got depressed and stopped COMPLERA and switched my HIV Dr. Once I got a new Dr my labs showed that I went from undetectable to 2200 VL copies but my CD4 keep increasing, I am in 1140 CD4. Now I am waiting for my genotype results. Confused and depressed, any advice?

Hello Confused and thanks for posting.

It's not surprising that your viral load increased to detectable levels after an interruption in your Complera treatment. It's not an indication of drug resistance (or need for resistance testing).

Seems like your GI symptoms could be side effects of the Complera- while not common, if your symptoms resolved on discontinuation, I think that you have your culprit.

There are a variety of possible options for you, including yet another single tablet regimen (Stribild) as well as other DHHS preferred 3rd agents (raltegravir, atazanavir, darunavir) that might address your symptoms.

I'd suggest discussing your best options with your doctor. BY

efavirenz and tenofovir
viagra