Jul 21, 2013
Hallow Doctor, i used to read your ansers, it is so good. my cd-4-now--600, yet to start meds. i am using one novostat tab Per day. is there any hurdle to start HIV meds with statin. pl give suggestion.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's important to be aware of possible drug-drug interactions. Rosuvastatin (Novostat) is a commonly prescribed medications for treating high cholesterol. Many patients safely take rosuvastatin with their HIV medications. It has some interactions with HIV medications, mostly with protease inhibitors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
- Causes Of Clear Vaginal Discharge
- How Often Do You Get Hepatitis B Vaccination?
- Over The Counter Drugs For Chlamydia
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.