minimum days dose of Kaletra and Combivir as PEP
Jul 19, 2013
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
PEP is taken for 28 days. It's highly effective if started promptly and adhered to.
Fewer PEP treatment days is associated (at least in the earlier studies) with decreased effectiveness of HIV prevention.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Std?
- Are Condoms Provided By Sex Workers Are Safe?
- Can Rash Appear After 3 Months Exposure?
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.