Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can i call this early trreatment
Jul 19, 2013

hello dr. i diagnosed hiv+ in december 2012 , in julay 2o12 was negative. basline tests was vl:4500;cd4:492;cd4%:28.9;cd4/cd8 ratio:0.63;after thaat i start meds(viraday) in january 2013 after 6 weeks on meds my vl: not detacted <50 copies.today after 6 months on med cd4: went to 672;cd4%: went to 37.8; cd4/cd8 ratio went to 0.95; vl: not detected<50 copies ;WBC went from 5200 to 6800 ; colesterol,tryglecirid,glucouse below normal limites .i am from lebanon my age 48

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting from Lebanon.

Yes, I'd call this relatively early initiation of ART. With a negative test in July 2012 and positive in December, you know that you could not have been infected for more than 6 months.

Also, from quick inspection of your lab results, you have had a rapid reduction of viral load to undetectable levels and nice initial increase in your CD4s.

Be well, BY

Previous
Semantics
Next
No weight gain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.