Supposedly a cure to eradicate?But govt doesn't want to release.

Dr.Young, I wanted your thoughts on this. I am undetectable with a good CD4 count on my last labs. I have actually spoken with an HIV Tester/counselor who in his opinion thinks that there already is a cure to completely eradicate HIV. However the government, medical, & pharmaceutical companies don't want to release for losing MAJOR profits from those of us who depend on it to remain healthy and keep the virus surpressed. Could this actually be possible. Being that HIV medicine probably is the number one money maker for the companies. That would be understandable why they wouldn't want to relase the cure. Also he seems to think that dice it's mainly minorities (Blacks,Hispanics, Asians, etc) who are more greatly affected. That would mean that they could slowly dissolve us by having us dependent on medicine. Those were his thoughts. At first I thought it to be a crazy conspiracy theory. But the more I think of it. The more it somewhat makes sense. Does it not? Are there truly scientist and researchers trying their best to find ways to completely eradicate the virus. Aside from just coming up with new medicines to surpress it with less side effects.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Yes, there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll and the earth is flat too.

Sorry, though the conspiracy theory is a convenient explanation for difficult science (and drug companies sometimes don't do themselves public relations good with high drug prices), I don't believe that there is a cure that's been bottled up to protect profit. For most drug companies, the HIV market is too small to represent a significant part of their income stream. For example, there are about 1 million people living with HIV in the US (and only ~250,000 on medications), whereas an estimated 3 million prescriptions for Viagra annually.

Further, there are many communities of people who are disproportionately affected by HIV, both here in the US and abroad. There are many reasons for this, both at the community, organizational and personal level.

Indeed, there has been a tremendous amount of progress towards a scientific understanding of strategies for HIV cure, and several well documented cases of cure. Your counselor friend hasn't been following the scientific literature for at least the past several years. There are at least 2, and probably several more cases of HIV cure already and exciting advances in the research front.

For more information about HIV eradication news, check out TheBody.com's HIV cure research pages.

BY

Took my HIV medication one hour late
Atripla Dreams