Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Took my HIV medication one hour late
Jul 17, 2013

Hi there my doctor has placed me on the little pink pill about a month ago which I usually take around 10pm every night it contains - Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate 300mg/Efavirenz 600mg/and Emtricitabine now I'm worried if the slip up in taking my meds 1 hour late at 11pm last night could lead to me becoming drug resistant.

And is it okay for me to continue taking my meds at my usual 10pm or should I now start to take them at 11pm.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Geez, one hour late? It's not even remotely "late".

Don't worry. All that's really requested with a regimen that you're taking is to take them every evening. Not every 1000 or 1100. Medications today are far better than to need to be so precise about the minute you take them.

Be well, BY

Previous
ARV side effects
Next
Supposedly a cure to eradicate?But govt doesn't want to release.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.