aloe vera and HIV
Jul 16, 2013
can an HIV person who is not yet on treatment use aloe vera juice as an immune booster
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While touted by some as an immune booster, there's little compelling scientific evidence that aloe does much. A recent publication of a tiny series of patients from Nigeria who took aloe vera found no significant increase in weight or CD4 cell count (ie., p values less than 0.05).
Having said that, there's no harm in taking the aloe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Two Non Hiv-positive People Ever Give Each Other Hiv?
- If I Eat After A Person With Hiv Can I Get It?
- How Easy Is It For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Why Do I Get Yeast Infections And Thrush Of The Mouth?
- Women Symptoms Mistaken For Genital Warts
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.