Stribild switch results

After five years of Atripla, I switched to Stribild six weeks ago, and I just received the results of my first blood work. As expected, my vl remains undetectable while both the CD4 and CD4% went up. Unexpectedly, my GFR remained the same at 102. My creatinine (serum)went down from 1.01 to 0.84. In all, it seems the results are good, but I'm concerned about the creatinine. Should I be?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's good to hear that you're doing well after your switch from Atripla to Stribild. Your kidney function results are all very good ones. Indeed your GFR is normal, and a serum creatinine decrease is actually a good (not bad) thing at all.

Increased creatinine is a marker of decreased removal of the molecule from your blood, so a decreased creatinine is actually suggestive of improved kidney function.

Be well, BY

Purchase HIV drugs in USA for foreigner
Low CD4 with KS for almost 1 year