Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Purchase HIV drugs in USA for foreigner
Jul 14, 2013

Hi Dr. Benjamin Young,

I am a non-US citizen travelling to US for business trip. My current prescription is Combiver and Stokrin. My business trip will be extended and I do not have sufficient amount of drugs for my entire stay in US.

May I know where can I get my drugs in New York City or Atlanta as I will traveling between these cities? I have the prescription letter with me would that be sufficient to make purchases of drugs? Would it be any legal issues where I will be deported?

Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Regards, Tommy

Response from Dr. Young

Hello Tommy and thanks for posting.

First, you won't get deported for having or purchasing HIV medications here in the US.

What I'd suggest doing is to identify a convenient pharmacy near where you'll be staying in either New York or Atlanta and ask about their policies for international prescriptions (and payment). I routinely do this from my home state of Colorado and call in emergency prescriptions for my patients traveling in other states in the US; I'm just not sure about the requirements for foreign prescriptions.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well, BY

Previous
DURANAVIR DOSING
Next
Stribild switch results

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.