Purchase HIV drugs in USA for foreigner

Hi Dr. Benjamin Young,

I am a non-US citizen travelling to US for business trip. My current prescription is Combiver and Stokrin. My business trip will be extended and I do not have sufficient amount of drugs for my entire stay in US.

May I know where can I get my drugs in New York City or Atlanta as I will traveling between these cities? I have the prescription letter with me would that be sufficient to make purchases of drugs? Would it be any legal issues where I will be deported?

Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Regards, Tommy

Hello Tommy and thanks for posting.

First, you won't get deported for having or purchasing HIV medications here in the US.

What I'd suggest doing is to identify a convenient pharmacy near where you'll be staying in either New York or Atlanta and ask about their policies for international prescriptions (and payment). I routinely do this from my home state of Colorado and call in emergency prescriptions for my patients traveling in other states in the US; I'm just not sure about the requirements for foreign prescriptions.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well, BY

DURANAVIR DOSING
Stribild switch results