Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help. I am quite worried
Jul 14, 2013

Good morning Doctor, I am writing from Vietnam. I am under PEP treatment. There are some issues making me worried as follows: 1/ I often have the habit of drinking coconut water in the evening. Last two days (when I was in the period of PEP) I drank PEP (Lamivudin, Zidovudin) with some water immediately before taking 01 coconut water glass. Yesterday, I drank 01 glass of coconut water before drinking the same PEP with one normal water glass. I am not sure whether coconut water has any impact on the effect of my PEP... 2/ I started my PEP on 11th July 2013. My doctor prescribed me 30 days taking PEP. I do not know whether 30 day period is necessary because I read on the Internet saying that 28 days are enough. Can I stop using PEP on late 8th August 2013? I high appreciate your time answering my issues and wish you best luck Dragon

Response from Dr. Young

Hello Dragon and thanks for posting from Vietnam.

1) I don't believe that there are any problems in drinking coconut water and HIV medications.

2) 28 or 30 days is the typical duration of PEP. There's really difference between the two.

Hope that helps, BY

Previous
Atripla and Aspirin Cardio
Next
hav igg reactive 16.77

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.