|Please help. I am quite worried
Jul 14, 2013
Good morning Doctor, I am writing from Vietnam. I am under PEP treatment. There are some issues making me worried as follows: 1/ I often have the habit of drinking coconut water in the evening. Last two days (when I was in the period of PEP) I drank PEP (Lamivudin, Zidovudin) with some water immediately before taking 01 coconut water glass. Yesterday, I drank 01 glass of coconut water before drinking the same PEP with one normal water glass. I am not sure whether coconut water has any impact on the effect of my PEP... 2/ I started my PEP on 11th July 2013. My doctor prescribed me 30 days taking PEP. I do not know whether 30 day period is necessary because I read on the Internet saying that 28 days are enough. Can I stop using PEP on late 8th August 2013? I high appreciate your time answering my issues and wish you best luck Dragon
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello Dragon and thanks for posting from Vietnam.
1) I don't believe that there are any problems in drinking coconut water and HIV medications.
2) 28 or 30 days is the typical duration of PEP. There's really difference between the two.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.