Atripla and Aspirin Cardio

Good Day Doctors I am on Atripla(and doing well on it) for almost one Year now after being infected with HIV about one and a half Years ago. I have higher Cholestrol, but am scared of taking Mediction for that. I am now planning to take ASPIRIN CARDIO as an Alternative to CRESTOR 10. Would it be safe to take Aspirin with Atripla?? Thank you for your GREAT Website and your Service!!! THANKS alot !!!

Hello and thanks for thoughts.

Cardiovascular disease appears to be somewhat more common among people living with HIV, perhaps related to chronic inflammation (and delayed initiation of ART). There are multiple risk factors for CVD- some related to HIV, HIV medications, life style factors (diet, exercise, smoking) and genetics/family history.

There's no particular reason why you couldn't take an aspirin with your Atripla, but I'd chat with your care provider to make sure that there aren't any specific reasons why you shouldn't take aspirin (such as ulcers).

Aspirin doesn't lower cholesterol, so if you have elevated cholesterol and your interested in cardiovascular disease lowering, Crestor might still be a good thing for you.

For more information about CVD and HIV, check out myhivclinic.org's cardiovascular disease pages.

Hope that helps, BY

clindamycin 150 mg and hepatitis c
Please help. I am quite worried