hepatitis C RNA Quantitative
Jul 12, 2013
My results for HCV RNA QUANTITATIVE 312,766 H <43 IU/ML 5.50 H <1.63 IU/ML How can be high is supposed to be high above 800,000 for what I have read in the internet. Am I in bad shape?
Response from Dr. Young
Your tests indicate the presence of the hepatitis C virus- this level isn't particularly high.
As for your "shape", the HCV viral load only tells us how much virus is present. To know the health of your liver, blood tests and tests (either a biopsy or Fibroscan) about the presence of liver fibrosis are needed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Women Symptoms Mistaken For Genital Warts
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Ways To Get Rid Of Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.