hepatitis C RNA Quantitative
Jul 12, 2013
My results for HCV RNA QUANTITATIVE 312,766 H <43 IU/ML 5.50 H <1.63 IU/ML How can be high is supposed to be high above 800,000 for what I have read in the internet. Am I in bad shape?
Response from Dr. Young
Your tests indicate the presence of the hepatitis C virus- this level isn't particularly high.
As for your "shape", the HCV viral load only tells us how much virus is present. To know the health of your liver, blood tests and tests (either a biopsy or Fibroscan) about the presence of liver fibrosis are needed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Diarrhea Vomiting And Muscle Pain Early HIV Symptoms
- Dried Blood And Old Cuts Can I Still Get Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.