Stopped taking meds for 6 months

Stopped taking meds for 6 months going on 7 months now was diagnosed July of 2012 what is life expectancy and should I get back on meds ?

Hello and thanks for posting.

I can't say specifically what *your* life expectancy is or might be off of treatment, as this is dependent on a number of factors, particularly what your baseline and current CD4 count values are and your initial viral load. The lower the CD4 and higher the viral load, the quicker we'd expect to see disease progression.

Treatment is recommended for most people living with HIV (US guidelines) or by the World Health Organization, for people with CD4 counts less than 500.

Having said that, recent data from the North American ACCORD group has shown dramatic continuing improvement in the life expectancy among people in the US and Canada who are on treatment-- up 15 years in the recent times to an anticipated additional 50 years for a 20 year old person.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Kivexa in the morning and Stocrin at night?
Having Chet pain