Taking complera post surgery
Jul 10, 2013
Hi Dr. Young, I will be getting spinal fusion surgery in the coming months, and am a little concerned. My concern is that i have read that some people can't eat much after having surgery and are sometimes fed through an I.V. line. I take my Complera at 6-7pm so i should be 'awake' by then. Is it OK to take my tablet if i only have a liquid diet, for one night? Is it ok to take it on the same day as general anesthetic? Thank you for your opinion!
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
You should be fine-- while Complera should be taken with a meal, a single dose taken with a liquid meal, even if suboptimal, won't have any meaningful effects.
Good luck with the surgery, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.