interpret test results for hsv1 and 2
Jul 10, 2013
Please tell me if my results are negative or positive. Both results for hsv igm 1 and 2 antibodies show <1:10 Does this mean I have the disease??
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The IgM class of antibodies only indicates recent infection (or exposure), so a negative HSV IgM means you haven't been recently exposed, but you'd need a negative IgG antibody test to determine if you've *ever* been infected (or positive).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Swab Test For Herpes?
- What Foods Help Shingles Treatment?
- What Does A Herpes Outbreak On A Woman Look Like?
- Ways Other Than Sex To Get Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.